Business Decision Management - Apply DMN successfully
Business Logic and Business Rules, DMN, Business ProcessesTarget Audience: Business Rule Analysts, Decision Analysts, Compliance Manager, Business Analysts, Business Process Analysts, Enterprise Architects, Business Architects, everybody involved in business success
Course Type: Open Workshop, oder Online-Workshop, English, 2-Day-Workshop oder 4 Online-Termine
Compliance, Business Rules and Business Decisions are an ubiquitous topic these days. Business Rules and Business Decisions are needed to prove conformity with laws and policies. Business Rules help to improve and optimize Business Processes. Business Decisions are extremly valuabe to make Business Process flexible and more complete in general.
Rule book projects analyzing Business Rules "only" are often not very successful. We need to analyze Business Rules in there context - we need to describe the Business Logic. Especially analyzing Business Decisions within a Business Process are valuable for improving Business Processes and Business Decisions.
The workshop gives a practical introduction into "Business Decision Management" for first-time users and more experienced users.
The workshop reflects current approaches for modeling Business Rules and Business Logic - "Decision Model and Notation (DMN)" and "Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Rules (SBVR)".
Main topic of the workshop is an in-depth introduction into "Business Decision Management". We show use cases, discuss how to start and how to analyze Business Decisions.
Participants apply the concepts using Signavios Modeling Platform.
Participants acquire knowledge about:
- Concepts for Business Decision Management
- Standard notations for Decision Management: Decision Model and Notation (DMN)
- Relationships between Business Process Management and Business Decision Management
Participants acquire the following skills:
- Identify Decision Points in Business Processes, Scope a Business Decision
- Describe and analyse Business Decisions in detail
- Use Business Decision Management within Business Process Management
Workshop Business Rules and Business Logic – Decision Modeling for Business Analysts
Business Rules are everywhere. They describe intended behaviour, control process, or guide activities. Business Rules are the base to ensure conformity with laws and regulations. This is true for all industries - not only for finance and insurance. At the same time only a few enterprises conduct a systematic Business Decision Management. The lack of Business Decision Management results in inconsistent communication, inefficient Business Processes and unnecessary risks.
The workshop introduces the concepts for Busines Decision Management.Current standards as DMN and SBVR are introduced. Established methode and working techniques are used in examples. Participants learn about the concepts and can judge advantages and disadvantages for there own projects.
Use Cases from different industries are discussed.
Participants use the Signavio platform to apply the concepts and techniques.
Content: Decision Modeling for Business Analysts
- Intro - Business Decision Management
- What is a Business Decision?
- Basics f Business Decision Management - Business Decision Discovery, Business Decision Execution, Business Decision Analysis
- Decision Discovery 101
- Overview - From Business Process to Business Decision
- Identify Business Decisions
- Business Processes and Decision Points
- Scope a Business Decision
- Describe Requirements for a Business Decision
- Inpt for a Decision
- Sub Decisions - Structure Decision Models
- Vocabulary and Business Decision Models
- Describe Business Decision Logic
- Specify Decision Tables
- Analyze Decision Tables
- Other Metaphors for Decision Logic
- Describe the Business Decision Context
- Compliance - Business Decisions, Policies and Regulations, Business Motivation
- Decision Model and Notatation (DMN) - Elements and Meaning
- Implement Business Decisions
- Use Cases for Decision Management
- Implememt Business Decisions
- Evaluate Business Decisions
- Project Management and Business Decision Discovery
- Business Decision Management in the Business Process Management Context
- Business Decisions and Business Processes
- Business Decisions and Case Management
- Business Process Management and Business Decision Management - Toolsupport
- Decisions First Modeler
- BizzDesign, Sapiens and others
Informationen about Prices and Dates can be found in our Course Calendar. Register now.