Masterclass Business Architecture:
Wann: 8.-10. Juni 2016
The Foundation for an Agile Program of Business Change
Roger Burlton, Process Renewal Group
Preis: 1.950 Euro/Person (Frühbucherpreis 1.750 Euro/Person, Gruppenrabatte möglich)
OverviewThose organizations that truly understand their business needs and have a good knowledge of how to best leverage their scarce business resources have great advantage in the marketplace. Those that truly understand the internal responses needed for a changing business environment can be innovative and manage the challenge of change better than others. There is no doubt that a solid architecture connecting strategic intent, business processes, capabilities and enabling technology and human resources is needed to become more modern and ensure that all business resources are aligned towards a common goal. To do this, we need to architect and align our intellectual and physical assets and shared capabilities using Business Processes and Business capabilities as the glue in tracing all work and resources to enterprise objectives. A practical, shareable and implementable Business Architecture and Business Change Portfolio will ensure we choose the right transformation initiatives and optimize them. Using architecture models will help us to realize our business intent and define what’s needed to become adaptable as well as to prescribe the required organizational and human change management plans. This highly participative workshop will delve into all aspects of Business Architecture, Business Processes, Business Capabilities and Group Culture from top to bottom.
- Understand what a useful Business Architecture looks like
- Be able to apply enterprise-wide architecture models and techniques that are aligned and traceable
- Learn how to sell the Business Architecture value proposition and gain cross-organization acceptance
- Be able to develop a measurable architecture for planning, budgeting, organization design, compliance, human change management, and the introduction of breakthrough technologies
- Be able to use the architecture to accelerate capability change projects
- Discover how to address cultural barriers during architecture, business design and implementation
Special Features of this Class
- Get ready for Disruptive Innovation
- Continuously manage architecture as an asset of the enterprise through a governance framework
- Align all programs of business change with IT and HR strategy
- Build an connected measurement framework based on value for stakeholders and outcomes not just organization charts
- Get a set of capabilities that are truly traceable to strategic intent
- Be able to sell the concepts upward and reduce internal resistance to change
- Learn a method that scales for both small and large organizations
- Work with Roger Burlton; the most experienced pragmatist in this field
This class will be of benefit to professionals and managers of all types involved with planning and designing organizational change and building business capability to adapt and innovate continuously.
- Business Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Business Process Architects
- Process Improvement Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Strategic Planners
- IT Architects
- Business Operations Managers
- HR Executives
- IT Executives
- Anyone else concerned with designing Business Change programs
Roger Burlton, P.Eng., CMC
Roger is a respected pioneer in the introduction of innovative approaches for Business Management. He is a world leader in the field of Business Process Management, having authored one of the most read and followed books on the topic early in BPM’s growth. Roger’s leadership is also witnessed by his position as chair of several of the most influential conferences each year on BPM and Business Architecture and by his role as chair of the BPTrends.com Advisory Board. The insights he brings to PRG’s consulting clients are thoughtful and pragmatic.
President and Managing Partner Process Renewal Group
Why Business Architecture?
- Response to Disruption and Innovation
- Requirement for Business Agility
Business Architecture and Related Disciplines
- Business Model Canvas
- Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Business Architecture Frameworks
- BPTrends Associates
Business Architecture Methodology
- Process Renewal Group Business Design method
- Business Architecture Meta Model and Artifacts
- Business Architecture Maturity
Value Chain Identification and Architecture Scoping
- Whole company vs internal group scope?
- All value chains or one?
- Cross company Value chains
- Internal shared services
- The Value Chain’s Value Proposition?
Workshop: What Value Chains do you have and what is your Value Proposition?
External Environment Assessment
- External Pressures, opportunities and Threats
- Business Scenario Models
Workshop: What are the External Pressures on your business?
External Stakeholder Analysis
- Stakeholder Classification
- Stakeholder Context Diagram and Health Assessment
- Stakeholder Needs, Expectations, Outcomes and Experiences
- Measuring Stakeholder Relationships: Goals, KPIs and Objectives
- Consolidating your North Star Outcomes
Workshop: Who are your stakeholders and what must we be able to deliver for them?
Business Strategy Development
- Business Motivation Model: Ends and Means
- Strategy Maps
- Business Model Canvas
- Business Architecture Landscape
Workshop: What are the Strategies for the Value Chain?
Business Semantics: The Basis for Information Models
- Business Vocabulary
- Concept and Information Model
- Glossary of Terms
Workshop: What is your Concept Model and Rules?
Business Process Architecture
- Stakeholder and Asset Process cycles
- Consolidating cycles into an externally focussed Process Architecture
- Business Process Frameworks
- Finalizing the Process Architecture
- Examples of Architectures
- Modeling Standards (IGOE, BPMN, CMMN)
Workshop: What are the Process cycles for your Value Chain and what are the End-to-end Processes of your business?
Business Performance Models
- Characteristics of Good Performance Indicators
- Lagging and Leading Indicators
- Balanced Process Scorecards
- Measurement Traceability
- Associating Processes and Measures
- Organization Structure and Accountability
Workshop: What is your Performance Scorecard?
- What is a Capability?
- Capability Modeling
- Business Processes and Capability Connection
- Finding Reusable Capabilities and Shared Services
- The Burlton Capability Hexagon
Workshop: What are your Business Capabilities?
Alignment to Decisions, Knowledge, Policies and Rules
- Decision Management
- Policies and Business Rules
- The Operational Decision Questions Hierarchy
- Decision Management and Notation (DMN)
- Re Designing Decision Processes
Workshop: What are your critical Decisions and Business Rules?
Alignment of Business Architecture with IT Architecture and Enablement
- Information Models
- Business Activity Monitoring
Workshop: How do your IT Capabilities support your Processes?
Alignment with Human Capabilities and Enablement
- Work Guidelines
- Motivation, Behavior and Culture
- Structural and Cultural Maturity
Workshop: What is your Cultural Maturity Level?
- The North Star (operational goals and objectives) to Establish Ideal Value
- Using Performance Data to Evaluate Performance Gaps
- Pain-Gain Analysis for Prioritization
- Priorities: Grids and Heat Maps
- Defining the Portfolio of Change
Workshop: What are your Change Priorities?
Leveraging the Architecture into a Business Change Portfolio
- Using the Business Architecture Models in Business Change
- Scoping a Change Project
Workshop: Scoping a Project
Sustaining the Architecture through Governance
- Governance Maturity & Framework Options
- Illustrations of what others have done
- Architecture Sustainment - CoE Support
- A Maturity Based Rollout Strategy
- Lessons Learned